Texas Woman’s University MHA

Old Main Building at night, Texas Woman's Univ...

Old Main Building at night, Texas Woman's University, Denton, Texas. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Type of Degree

MHA Degree

Type of Program


General University Information

Texas Woman’s University (historically the College of Industrial Arts and Texas State College for Women, commonly known as TWU) is a co-educational university in Denton, Texas, United States with two health science center branches in Dallas, Texas and Houston, Texas. While male students are accepted into all programs, the school is better known as the largest state-supported university for women in the United States. TWU’s nursing doctoral program is the largest in the world.

Program Description

Health Care Administration is a rewarding and challenging career opportunity in a dynamic industry. Highly qualified, well-trained individuals are needed to manage organizations that will provide efficient health services to our community.  Our Masters in Healthcare Administration program, which is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), prepares working professionals for management positions and leadership roles by offering a comprehensive, rigorous degree that can be completed on a part-time basis.

Admission Requirements

The HCA program requires that prospective M.H.A students provide:

  • Completed application submitted to the Student Records.
  • Evidence of an earned bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on last 60 hours of the undergraduate degree and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in all prior graduate course work with accompanying transcripts for all previous institutions attended.
  • Scores from GRE or GMAT tests with preferred scores of 150 on the verbal, 141 on the quantitative and 4.5 on the analytical portions of the GRE or 450 on the GMAT*
  • Resume to the HCA department
  • Three letters of reference to the HCA department and
  • Career goal statement for seeking the M.H.A. degree.
  • In addition, applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree from a foreign university must complete the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Please see the Graduate School requirements

*Applicants may request a waiver of the GRE/GMAT requirement when applying to the Health Care Administration program.  Waivers may be granted if the applicant has completed a graduate degree from an accredited US college or university with a grade point average of at least a 3.0.




Houston, TX

Request Information