Type of Degree
Type of Program
General University Information
Baylor University is a private, Christian university located in Waco, Texas. Founded in 1845, Baylor is one of the oldest universities in Texas and was one of the first educational institutions west of the Mississippi River. The university is located in the central part of state of Texas one hour south of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and one hour north of Austin, the state capital. Its main 800 plus acre campus is located to the east of the historic area of downtown Waco and the major freeway I-35 on the banks of the Brazos river. Baylor is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. The university is ranked annually among the top 75 best colleges and universities in America.
The Army-Baylor University Graduate Program in Health and Business Administration is located at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas. The two-year program consists of a didactic phase and a residency phase. During the 12-month didactic phase at Fort Sam Houston, Army-Baylor students complete 60 hours of graduate coursework toward a Master of Health Administration (MHA) awarded by the Baylor University Graduate School, or alternatively, 71 hours to be applied to a joint MHA/MBA degree from the Baylor University Graduate School and Baylor University School of Business. The Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) and the joint MHA\MBA degree is awarded with accreditation standing from the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
The 12-month Administrative Residency provides students an opportunity to integrate graduate management and health administration concepts and principles in an applied setting under the mentoring supervision of a highly qualified preceptor. Residents receive thorough exposure to various organizational challenges in the marketplace and complete either a single Graduate Management Project (GMP) or a portfolio of projects to enable organizations to operate more efficiently and effectively.
Preface: All applicants must follow the application procedures established by their appropriate service’s regulations. For specific information about services’ procedures, contact respective career activities/education office(s).
General procedures for applying for the Army-Baylor Graduate Program in Health and Business Administration are as follows:
1. Satisfy all prerequisites for matriculation into the Program.
The prerequisites for applicants to the Program include:
A. Federal Service employment
B. Baccalaureate degree or first professional degree from an accredited educational institution
C. Composite Verbal and Quantitative Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score of 1050, or a score of 525 for MHA only degree option/575 for joint MHA/MBA degree option on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) taken within the past five years. Additionally, Baylor University will also accept the GRE in lieu of GMAT for the joint MHA/MBA degree option. The minimum required composite score is 1200.
D. Cumulative 2.9 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale
2. Prior to submitting application to the respective career activity office, officers will submit undergraduate and graduate transcripts with a letter to the Education Technician requesting evaluation by Baylor University, Waco, Texas (transcripts may be unofficial copies at this time). Also, applicants should submit unofficial copies of GRE or GMAT scores, if available.
Baylor will not make an evaluation until all transcripts are received, to include schools where only a one-hour course was taken. Baylor requires a transcript from every school attended and will not evaluate courses for a school listed on another institution’s transcript. Baylor will not accept “student grade report forms” in lieu of a transcript. We cannot emphasize this enough. Baylor is very strict in its requirements.
If you attended an institution of higher learning where there is no transcript available, or you took the CLEP, please make note of this in your letter of request for evaluation. Remember, Baylor (not the military) has the final say as to whether or not an officer attends this program. Following the evaluation, an assessment sheet with a cover letter will be returned to the officer. For Army officers, a copy of this assessment sheet and cover letter will be submitted with the officer’s application to PERSCOM. Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard officers will follow their service directives. It is the officer’s responsibility to contact us to ensure that everything has been received for an evaluation. When officers have been advised by their appropriate military services that they have been approved to attend the program, the officer should write each undergraduate and graduate school attended and request one certified transcript be sent to:
BLDG 2841 MCCS-HGE-HA (EDUCATION TECHNICIAN)
3151 SCOTT ROAD
FORT SAM HOUSTON, TX 78234-6135
3. Additionally, request the GRE or GMAT testing center send a certified copy of test results to Institution Code 6861. Officers must use the GRE or GMAT score request form. The form may be obtained from the testing center or the Post/Base education office.
4. If you are selected by your service for attendance at the Army- Baylor Graduate Program in Health and Business Administration, you will be contacted by the Program Administration Office via letter for final processing. If you have a change of address before you hear from us, please notify us immediately. It may be several months before you hear from us after being notified by your branch!
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY IN WACO DIRECTLY!
5. If you are a civilian wishing to enter the Army-Baylor Program, please review the newest version of the CIVILIAN GUIDE for the Army-Baylor program.