Type of Degree
Type of Program
General University Information
The University of Memphis is an American public research university located in the Normal Station neighborhood of Memphis, Tennessee and is the flagship public research university of the Tennessee Board of Regents system. With an enrollment of more than 23,000 students, the University of Memphis has 25 Chairs of Excellence and five state-approved Centers of Excellence.
Welcome to the Master of Health Administration Program at the University of Memphis. We are proud to be one of only 70 programs accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) and the only accredited program in the state of Tennessee. We are excited to be a part of the new School of Public Health at the University of Memphis. Our program is strong and viable with graduates working in health administration all over the country. We have many strategic partnerships with healthcare facilities in the area where our students are able to gain hands-on experience from a health administrative professional.
- An undergraduate grade point average on a four-point scale from an accredited college or university.
- GRE or GMAT aptitude (verbal plus quantitative plus analytical writing) total score.
- Letters of recommendation from at least two persons (at least one academic) familiar with the applicant’s academic background or experience in health administration, specifying in detail the applicant’s capabilities for graduate study and for future performance as a health administrator.
- A statement of approximately 500-750 words indicating the applicant’s present interests and career goals, including why the applicant wants the MHA degree.
- Resume’ containing information of the student’s education and experience.