Type of Degree
Type of Program
General University Information
The Online Master of Health Care Leadership (MHCL) is a 36-credit hour program designed to prepare students for responsible positions of professional leadership in the health care environment. The purpose of the program is to develop students’ knowledge base of the current health care environment as well as their decision-making skills within the functional areas of health care organizations.
This unique program was constructed with consideration from the region’s health care providers who reflect the leading edge trends in all aspects of the health care industry. The special MHCL Capstone Project was designed by the same industry leaders to provide graduates the confidence in an extremely competitive and ever changing industry. Although appropriate for the CEO career track, it accommodates professionals aspiring for director level positions.
The MHCL program consists of twelve, three-credit hour courses (36-credit hours total) offered in lockstep format, with each course completed sequentially as a cohort group. The entire program can be completed in approximately 24 months.
Applicants to the MHA program must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree or higher from an accredited university with a minimum of 2.75 GPA.
- Signed Transcript Request forms for official transcripts from the institution granting bachelor’s degree or graduate degree. Friends University processes these requests and pays the fee on your behalf.
- Two letters of recommendation – one personal and one professional. Forms are available from your personal admissions counselor.
- Completion of program interview process.
- Written approval of admission by the Program Director.
- Completed application for admission and a non-refundable fee of $45 ($65 International fee)