Type of Degree
Type of Program
General University Information
The University of Florida (commonly referred to as Florida, UF or U of F) is an American public land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant research universitylocated on a 2,000-acre (8.1 km2) campus in Gainesville, Florida. The university traces its historical origins to 1853, and has operated continuously on its present Gainesville campus since September 1906. It is regarded as a “Public Ivy” university—a category of the top public universities in the United States. The University of Florida is ranked fifty-eighth overall among all national universities, public and private, in the current 2012 U.S. News & World Report rankings and consistently ranks within the top 100 universities worldwide.
The mission of the Graduate Program in Health Administration at the University of Florida is to prepare highly qualified and motivated students to become effective managers and leaders of health services organizations, to conduct research that achieves national, peer recognition for its contribution to creating new knowledge and for its value in informing health services practice and policy, and to serve as active participants and leaders in our University, professional, and health services communities.
The University of Florida is the largest university in the South, ranking in the top 10 in the nation. The caliber of graduate education provided by the University of Florida is demonstrated by the fact that it is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which includes the top research universities in the United States. Moreover, the Graduate Program in Health Administration is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
1. Copies of transcripts from each institution attended (including the University of Florida).
2. Copies of GRE or GMAT test scores.
3. Three letters of reference that attest to your accomplishments and management potential.
4. Current resume.
5. Statement of Purpose (A 1-2 page explanation of your career goals and why you wish to earn the MHA degree at the University of Florida).
6. Copy of TOEFL scores (International students only).
7. E-Mail Student Recruitment Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the Department that you are applying to the program and to ascertain what other documents may be required.