Type of Degree
Master of Healthcare Administration
Type of Program
General University Information
Regis University (formerly known as Regis College) is a private, co-educational Roman Catholic, Jesuit university in the United States. Founded by the Society of Jesus in 1877, it is one of 28 member institutions of the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities. Based in Denver, Colorado, Regis University is divided into three colleges: Regis College, The Rueckert-Hartman College for Health Professions, and the College for Professional Studies.
Regis University’s Master of Science in Health Services Administration is an advanced-practice graduate degree designed to accelerate the success of students with prior professional health care and management experience. The HSA program is primarily offered on the main campus on Saturdays and Sundays, every other weekend in eight-week terms, with an online component, enabling you to complete this degree while maintaining full-time employment. A minimum of 36 semester hours is required and may be completed in as few as 15-18 months. Additionally, special topic courses allow students to customize their learning experiences in specific areas of interest and positions.
Professionals with this degree can expect to represent several different disciplines in a wide variety of settings, including medical group practices, health care management companies, state and federal agencies, insurance and managed care companies, tech firms and educational institutions.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. (Note: Applicants with a GPA below 3.0 will be considered on an individual basis by the Division of Health Services Administration).
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Two or three years of work experience in a health care setting is strongly recommended with prior management experience preferred. Applicants with no or very limited experience must take HSA 610 HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEMS prior to starting any of the core courses for the program.
- If English is not your native/first language, you must meet the following language proficiency requirement:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) – Internet-based: Minimum score of 82 (24 Writing, 20 Speaking, 22 Reading, 16 Listening) on the TOEFL.
- TOEFL – Computer-based: Minimum score of 213
- Regis University’s TOEFL code is 4656.